• Search
  • Tools

How do u make water go in a straight line?

  • #1 Dec 27, 2012

    Hey guys,

    I wanted to make a "wheres my water" mini game map on minecraft pe pixelart, so if u break a dirt block, the water will flow on until u reach the end... 1 problem though, how do u make water flow in a straight line without blocks supporting it on both sides? I need to know this because if there are blocks on both sides, then it will now be possible to break the dirt blocks... Any ideas?! If u answer this constructively i will give u +1 reputation point and give u an early release of the first level b4 i post it on the forums :)

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #2 Dec 27, 2012

    I don't think there is a way. Water is coded to spread out. Unless it has a hole nearby to go to. Let me try this out

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #3 Dec 27, 2012

    , sorry for the double post!

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #4 Dec 27, 2012

    EDIT: If you place a water source block, and there is a hole in a 8 block radius, the water will go to the hole.

    like this

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #5 Dec 27, 2012

    Ok, how can I pm u? Also, I am having trouble applying this technique to my pixelart mini game so maybe u can help me out :)

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #6 Dec 27, 2012

    What Rb did is the only way for the water to go in a straight line

    Because it is coded that way

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    Hey guys I have just changed my name from AidanNC to BlueProto
    Just doing this so you know who it is

  • #7 Dec 27, 2012

    Ok, how can I pm u? Also, I am having trouble applying this technique to my pixelart mini game so maybe u can help me out :)

    You click on my name and click private message

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #8 Dec 29, 2012

    hmmmm this is sorda hard... because there is always gonna be a hole nearby

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #9 Dec 29, 2012

    What I suggest is placing the map at an angle so it will always go down the quickest way, which is forwards

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #11 Dec 29, 2012

    or just straight vertical

    I am guessing he wants the player to be able to walk on the map

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #12 Dec 29, 2012

    I am guessing he wants the player to be able to walk on the map

    What do you mean by walking on the map?

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #13 Dec 29, 2012

    What do you mean by walking on the map?

    Like on the game board where the water is, to walk on it to access the whole thing

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #14 Dec 29, 2012

    No, I made it a vertical pixel art of an iphone and inside, I put a wheres my water level... so a player uses a tower next to the vertical pixel art to navigate next to the "screen" so they can break dirt blocks... if u want, I can send u guys the link as well so u can see for urself... it is still in progress though :P Thing is, I want the user to be able to break dirt blocks and the water cannot flow on either side :P kinda confusing... i know)

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #15 Dec 29, 2012

    +1's for everyone that posted :D Thanks for your help :)

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #16 Dec 29, 2012

    I think it would go to the nearest hole.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    Life is such a Pain, Follow me and be a Wolf

  • #17 Dec 29, 2012

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #18 Dec 29, 2012

    Yeah Chimeratech is right if you wanna know how to make it fall straight. Tell me.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    Life is such a Pain, Follow me and be a Wolf

  • To post a comment, please login.

Posts Quoted:

Reply

Clear All Quotes